Poker Games are not only a games that may bring you a lot of cash in your pocket, but they can also give you a lot of full of excitement hours and new friends. The Poker Games are not just a games – these are huge groups of card games played in order to bet on the cards that players receive or form with the help of the cards dealt in the center of the table.
The Poker Games can be differentiated into three groups according to the way the cards are dealt. The best real money poker sites will have multiple options of all three.
Community Card Games – this type of games use board cards – a number of cards dealt in the middle of the table in order to be used by all of the players to form their best hands. This group consists the most popular Poker Games, played both online and offline.
- Texas Holdem – this game is played with two hole cards and five community cards. The object is to form the best hand by any combinations between these cards. The game starts with Blinds and has four betting rounds.
- Omaha High – this game is similar to Texas Holdem, but instead of two hole cards are dealt four. The betting structure is the same. The players must form their hands by two of their hole cards and three of the community cards.
- Cincinnati – in this game five cards are dealt face down to each player, with five more dealt face down in the center of the table. The community cards are exposed one at a time, with a betting round after each one. In the showdown, each player may select any five cards from among his hand and the five cards in the widow.
- Pineapple – this game is similar to Texas Holdem. Each player is dealt three hole cards at the start. The community cards are five, dealt in the middle of the table. One of these cards is discarded before the flop or after the flop, which is the more common version. The betting is the same as Holdem. At the showdown, a player can use any combination of his remaining two cards and the boardcards. A player who still has three cards in his hand at the showdown has a dead hand.
Another kind of Poker Game is played at USA Online Poker and offline:
Stud Games – this type of games doesn’t use board cards. Each player receives the same number of cards, depending on the variation they play. They use their cards to form their best 5-card hand. This group consists Poker Games such as 7 card stud, 5 card stud, 6 card stud, Straight Poker.
- 7 card stud – this is the most played stud poker game at card rooms. It is played with seven cards – three down-cards and four up-cards. There are five betting rounds and the game starts with an ante.
- 5 card stud – it is also called “open”, because one or more cards dealt to each player is openly visible to everyone. The first card is dealt face down to each player. Four more are dealt face up with a betting round after each. The best high hand wins the showdown.
- 6 card stud – it’s the same as 5 card stud but here the players receive one extra card. The first card is dealt face down to each player. Four more are dealt face up with a betting round after each. A sixth card is dealt face down to each active player, followed by a final betting round. You may use any five of your six cards to form your poker hand in the showdown. The best high hand wins the pot.
- Straight poker – This is the simplest form of poker, and probably the most ancient. Five cards are dealt face down to each player. There is one betting round, after which the highest poker hand takes the pot.
Many of these poker games can be played both online and offline, despite the fact that playing poker in California is currently illegal like many states in the US. These are just some of the endless combinations of different ways to play poker. There are also Triple Draw games where you get to draw multiple times in the same hand and Razz games where the object is to receive the worst hand.
You will also find other options that are available for each game. For instance, some poker games like Omaha and 7 Card Stud offer a split pot for the Low Hand winner. In order for the Low Hand to be in play, the player has to have 8 high or lower. In a community card game, the low hand will not be in play unless there are 3 community cards that are ranked 8 and lower.
Just remember, you will always be a beginner when you try taking up a new poker game. There are particular strategies and tactics that are unique to the particular card game. You will only become more familiar with these games through practice. The advantage of learning a variety of games is that you will have an edge on those players who only play Texas Holdem seriously.